To Be or NOT to be…that is the question
How many of you are fighting against Windows 10 forcing it’s way onto you and your computers? Raise your hand.
Kim Komando, the “tech goddess” is ripe with lots of info and problem solving for your computers, cell phones, which gifts to buy for your kids and just about everything tech you can think of. She’s on the radio every week and worth listening to.
Here are some notes about her recent blog re Windows 10:
But, frankly, Windows 10 isn’t a good OS for everyone. Here are 10 reasons you may want to wait to get Windows 10:
10. Drivers don’t always work well for video, printers, and more, especially if they’re not Microsoft products
9. Software compatibility issues for many non-Microsoft programs
8. Microsoft may remotely delete pirated software
7. Lockscreen ads
6. Microsoft doesn’t sell competing brands in its online stores
5. Blue Screen of Death and other hard-to-understand error messages
4. Big catch – option to rollback to older Windows requires your computer to have 25 percent of unused capacity
3. A downside to automatic updates – could make system restore difficult
2. Murky pricing – Microsoft hasn’t said how much it’ll charge for Windows 10 in the future or for upgrades
1. Privacy hog – Windows 10 collects more data about you than any other OS in history